Professional tourism, hospitality and tourism marketing education. An English-instructed and internationalized learning environment for domestic and international students. The curriculum covers: hotel industry, travel industry, food service industry, and aviation industry, tourism marketing.
In accordance with MCU General Provisions for Study, all undergraduate students must pass the requirements for Service- Learning, English Proficiency, Information Technology Proficiency, Chinese Proficiency, Sports Ability, and Basic Professional Skills in order to graduate.
Service-Learning for each undergraduate student at MCU must include 16 hours of service, one on-campus Service-Learning seminar, one reflection report, and an exhibition to share reflections or results.
- English Proficiency
Undergraduate and graduate students are required to meet the graduation requirements for English Proficiency by obtaining one of the following test certificates within the study period. The minimum requirements and categories for English Proficiency tests are as follows:
CATEGORY OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAMINATION IC GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS GEPT High intermediate TOEIC 750 or 750 higher TOEFL 527 or 527 higher TOEFL-CBT 213 or 213 higher TOEFL-IBT 79 or 79 higher IELTS 6
- Information Technology Proficiency
Undergraduate students should pass the following ITP Test within the study period. The minimum requirement and categories for ITP Test is as follows:
CATEGORY OF ITP TESTS IC GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS Office software Application: Word, Power Point, Excel (choose two) Pass
Undergraduate students must pass the Chinese Proficiency examination at least once within the study period. The minimum requirements, categories and target students for Chinese Proficiency tests are as follows:
EXAMINATION CATEGORY AND REQUIREMENTS TARGET STUDENTS Ming Chuan Comprehensive Chinese Examination: 60 or above (reading and writing) Local Students Test of Proficiency-Huayu (TOCFL) Advanced Level Certificate attesting International Students
In response to the Ministry of Education’s program to promote health-related physical fitness in students, these regulations were established in accordance with the Procedures for Proficiency-based Graduation Requirements. In order to encourage students to participate in regular physical activities and improve their health, students are required to meet the requirements for sports capabilities before graduation.
Proficiency-based Graduation Requirements
All undergraduate students must pass the requirements of Proficiency-based Graduation Requirements in order to graduate.
PROFICIENCY-BASED GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS IC GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS Ability of doing researching and oral presentation Every student is required to present his or her thesis draft (or its abridged version) at a MCU or non-MCU (international) academic conference, before he or she becomes eligible to defend his or her final thesis draft. Ability of writing the thesis Hand in the successfully defended thesis.
- To understand international travel and tourism discipline.
- To be in excellent written, oral communication skills and clear expression in more than one language (communication skills)
- To work and interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds by showing their team-spirit and respect (interpersonal skills).
- To think logically and critically and solve problems.
- To develop a love for learning and the habit of independent self-learning
- To manage this ever-changing industry with confidence, professionalism, good ethical judgment and social consciousness.international level.
|With the professional knowledge of tourism industry and be able to apply to the industry
1. To complete the 400 hours industry internship internal or overseas.
2. To obtain at least one professional certificate related in tourism industry.
3. To be able to plan the travel itinerary and to practice it independently.
|Be able to have team work with others and have good communication skills
1. To have public speech with foreign languages.
2. To have presentation of industry internship.